When our GP Practice is closed, patients should call the NHS 111 service by dialling 1-1-1. All calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
What is the NHS 111 Service?
– A simple, free to call, easy to remember three digit number that is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
– The NHS 111 service directs patients to the service that is best able to meet their needs taking into account their location, the time of day of their call, and the capacity of local services.
When should I use the NHS 111 Service?
– When it is not a life threatening situation, and therefore is less urgent than a 999 call.
– When visiting your own GP is not an option, for instance when the GP Practice is shut or you are away from home.
– When you feel you cannot wait or are simply unsure of which service you require.
– When you require reassurance about what to do next.
Please do not misuse the emergency system