Jennifer Dalziel and Andrew Michie are experts in the therapeutic use of medicines and are both qualified Independent Prescribers. They have knowledge of all things relating to medicines – from the right medicine for you and your condition, to how different medicines work in the body.
They work closely with the practice teams to answer queries about medicines, and ensure medicines are being used appropriately to keep you safe.
Their main roles include:
1. Medication reviews to discuss your medication in depth, optimise and synchronise medication.
2. Structured medication reviews for patients on 10 or more medicines. This is a longer consultation to review your medications and come up with a shared plan to make sure all your medications are working well together.
3. Resolving medication queries and providing advice.
4. Medicines optimisation audits.
5. Overseeing the medication needs of patients within the practice care homes.
6. Prescribing within their areas of competence
We have a clinical pharmacist in practice every Monday and Tuesday. You may be directed to them by a Doctor or Nurse to give you expert care and advice on your medicines and health.